First and foremost you need to begin to understand how to build the bridge that enables the kind of activity that provides diversity of thought and perspective that will lead to ongoing innovation in your organization – ultimately driving sustainability and significantly improved business results across the organizational spectrum. The philosophy of Cultural Integration brings the uniqueness of diverse cultures together to forge a richness in problem-solving, providing a vast array of worldviews and methodologies to product and service development, as well as an openness to diverse approaches leading to better processes and customer interactions. Leveraging cultural differences for innovation, collaboration, and ultimately organizational success, will bring you sustainability in a marketplace that that is constantly on the move!
Creating an environment of Cultural Integration which leverages the existing, varied perspectives across the organization is the real challenge. As a global leader, what then is your responsibility? It is simple, but not easy:
1) REGARD people differently – see them for their unique talents and perspectives, they are your greatest assets.
2) Really UNDERSTAND, as a leader, what it is each and every person brings to your table.
3) THINK about, and strategically ASSESS, how everyone effectively fits together for the greatest gain to the organization.
4) LEVERAGE what you have as strategic assets – utilize their unique skills and talents to gain competitive advantage.
5) LISTEN to what your people across regions, cultures and functions propose.
6) USE the information to create best practices and strategic advantage based on the culturally diverse input you receive.
7) INVEST in global innovation and diversification through your people to create competitive strategies.
At the end of the day you need to be able to leverage the diverse knowledge that is inherent in your organization. For you and your organization to succeed, you must continually find ways to maximize the contributions of your varied workforce. A multicultural, global workforce can be the key to unimaginable success, because diverse people are truly the only sustainable competitive advantage in today’s global economy. The effective integration of that workforce will certainly add up to more than the sum of its parts, revealing a wealth of Hidden Treasure just waiting to be discovered and appreciated.
As a leader seeking Cultural Integration:
- Always Seek To Understand Before You Seek To Be Understood
- Bring Together Diverse Worldviews & Perspectives
- Understand That There Are Always Multiple Perspectives
- Always Ask Questions & Clarify Points
- Never Assume Others See Things As You Do
- Seek Best Practices & Competitive Advantage Through Your Diverse Workforce
How will you incorporate Cultural Integration into your business strategy for competitive advantage?
Please engage the discussion and let us know how you intend to incorporate Cultural Integration into your business strategy. Feel free to contact me at Sheri.Mackey@LuminosityGlobal.com , stop by our website at www.LuminosityGlobal.com or check out our new leadership portal at The Global LABB.