Fast Delivery. Shop At Our Reliable Drugstore. Get Free Pills. Any Guest Needs To Purchase Cheaped In San Jose Pharmacy From Your Home On This Site Visit Your URL Overtly. With Great Discount. This Drug Store Presents High Quality Pills.
Goals. There’s no telling what you can do when you get inspired by them. There’s no telling what you can do when you believe in them. There’s no telling what will happen when you act upon them.
~ Jim Rohn
Many people, often senior leaders, feel as if they’re adrift in the world – not sure what their ultimate purpose or legacy might be. They work hard, they get the promotions, and advance somewhat successfully through life from day to day, but they don’t seem to get anywhere worthwhile – anywhere that is self-fulfilling. One critical reason this happens is because they typically haven’t spent enough time thinking about what they want from life – and they haven’t set their coordinates for success!
Goal setting is much more than simply saying you want something to happen. Unless you clearly define exactly what you want and understand why you want it the first place, your odds of success are significantly diminished.
Here are some broad guidelines to help you not only to set effective, achievable goals, but also to keep the focus on the why:
- Make each goal a positive statement – Express your goals positively – “Execute this initiative to my highest standards, while remaining on schedule and 10% under budget” is a much better goal than “Don’t fail to execute this initiative.”
- Be precise: Set precise goals, putting in dates, times and amounts so that you can measure achievement. This provides a mechanism to know exactly when the goal is achieved, and you can take complete satisfaction from having achieved it.
- Set clear priorities – When there is more than one goal, give each a priority. This will help you to avoid the feeling of being overwhelmed by having too much to focus on at any one time – while also directing your attention to the most important priorities.
- Clear, purposeful steps that are taken along the way will guide you to where you want to be. Your big, scary audacious goal may take a year (or significantly more), however shorter – daily, weekly or monthly – excursions will help you to stay on course and focused in the right direction.
- Keep tactical goals small – Keep the low-level goals that you’re working towards small and achievable. If a goal is too big, it may seem that you are not making adequate progress. Keeping goals incremental, marked as milestones, provides the means to keep you motivated – not to mention more opportunity for reward.
- Set performance goals, not outcome goals – Set goals within your control as often as possible. It can be discouraging to fail for reasons beyond your control. If you base your goals on personal performance, then you maintain control over the achievement of your goals, and draw personal satisfaction from your successes.
- Balance your goals – It’s important to set goals that you can achieve, while still stretching your intellect and abilities.
- Set emotionally charged goals that motivate and drive you to keep your eyes fixed on your ultimate destination continuously,without faltering…However, realistically some days are better than others. Sometimes you just won’t feel like making the effort you need to attain your goal. It is the big ‘WHY‘ that will keep you going on those less than desirable days. Figuring out what really matters adds emotion to goals. The bigger the reason, the more emotional the goal is – the more emotional your attachment, the more motivated you will remain to continue pursuing your desired destination.
- Have Faith. Faith is unshakable belief. Knowing that you know that you know that you know… where you are going! If you are confident in yourself and believe in the goals you are pursuing, you will be on an incredible journey to an amazing destination!
Hopefully you have achieved your first goal – setting meaningful personal goals that you are committed to achieving! Perhaps it is this initial milemarker that will take you to your ultimate destination…
What is driving you toward your ultimate destination?
I hope this has provided some useful guidelines toward helping you to manage your journey toward your ultimate destination. Please engage the discussion and let us know what drives you. Always feel free to contact me atSheri.Mackey@LuminosityGlobal.com or by visiting our website at www.LuminosityGlobal.com. Check back next week for the next installment of Leadership Across Boundaries and Borders.